1. What information does STANLEY Oil & Gas collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
- you provide us information
- we observe or collect information through technology
- we receive information about you from third parties
- we collect information on our Social Media Pages.
See the sections below for more information.
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
- email address
- telephone number
- username and password
- personal preferences
- purchase and order information
We may allow you to use your personal social media account, on social media sites ("Personal Social Media Account"), to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites, but we will ask your permission prior to doing so. This information may include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following:
- your name
- profile picture
- user ID
- list of friends
- work history
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
a. Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites and the IP address from which you arrived
- web pages requested and viewed
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
b. Cookies and other similar technology. We and our third party service providers use "cookies." Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage.
The information we and our third party service providers collect through cookies and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and with our advertisements
- the time of your visit to our Sites
- items you put into your shopping cart and whether you purchase any or all of those items
- sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites.
Information Collected on STANLEY Oil & Gas' Social Media Pages
2. How do we use the information we collect about you?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you, and helps us continually improve your experience on our Websites. We use the information you provide, information collected through your Personal Social Media Accounts and information collected on our Social Media Pages for things like:
- processing your order
- opening an online account
- servicing our customers
- advertising and marketing, including emails and postal mail
- responding to your inquiries
We use navigational information gathered through technology, including cookies and similar technology, for determining things like:
- which parts of our Sites are most visited or used
- what products are browsed
- how to improve and better transact business
- the effectiveness of our Sites
- keeping track of items in your cart
- difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Sites
- monitoring the number of visitors to our Sites
- average time spent on our Sites
- determining return visitors
- any programming errors or failures on any of our Sites
We use third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to measure traffic and usage trends, and to help us better understand your use of and interaction with our Sites and Social Media Pages. For more information on how Google uses data when you use our Sites, https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsTrackingOverview.
The social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
3. Does STANLEY Oil & Gas share your information with third parties?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties, except we may share your personal information as required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law, or to otherwise protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others, including where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If STANLEY Oil & Gas were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
We may also share aggregate data about our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with third parties, but none of this data is connected to an individual's personal information.
5. How can I contact STANLEY Oil & Gas?
Effective as of: January 17, 2017